Wipro Limited, a leading technology services and consulting company, announced the launch of The Prescription for Healthcare Provider Cloud Success, a report published by Wipro FullStride Cloud Services. The report indicates that since the start of the pandemic, healthcare providers have been leveraging the cloud to improve information technology (IT) systems, clinical documentation, patient engagement and clinical decision support, driving growth and efficiencies.
This accelerated pace of cloud adoption has helped the industry’s cloud leaders (mature adopters) realise an average revenue gain of 6.6 per cent from their cloud investments and an annualised return on investment (ROI) of 54 per cent.
The report suggests that,
- More than a third of healthcare providers that are leading in cloud adoption have adopted cloud-based data centers, exceeding the industry average of 10 per cent.
- More than seven out of ten cloud leaders are pairing their cloud platforms with advanced technologies like the Internet of Things (IoT) and artificial intelligence (AI).
- Leaders that have transitioned to hybrid cloud environments are leading the way by developing cloud-native applications, as well as modernising and migrating core processes to the cloud.
- 91 per cent of cloud leaders expect their cloud capabilities to be largely centralised within the next two years.
- 64 per cent of cloud leaders have realised cybersecurity cost savings by migrating to the cloud.
Moreover, the report builds out six tactics that offer a roadmap for healthcare providers to emulate, as a means of improving their own cloud practices.
“Technology-led innovation, powered by a specialised full-stack of cloud infrastructure, is helping tackle some of the most significant challenges within healthcare,” observes Mohd Haque, senior vice president and sector head.
“Cloud innovation spans the entire healthcare value chain and builds new ways of patient engagement. It unleashes technologies such as AI that aid health experts as they improve patient outcomes. It augments physician insights, embeds intelligence into devices, addresses healthcare disparities and connects patients, payers and providers,” he added.
The Prescription for Healthcare Provider Cloud Success, report published by Wipro FullStride Cloud Services is based on a survey of 1,400 global C-level executives conducted between June and September 2021. It incorporates data from 110 healthcare providers located in Australia, France, Germany, Switzerland, the U.K. and the US, with revenues ranging from $5 billion to $20 billion.